[postgis-users] Edit PostGIS tables by ST-Links PgMap within ArcMap

Kenneth Xu kenneth.xu at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 22:52:44 PDT 2011

Hi,
I have tried to use pgmap.
It seems to read well existing postgis tables or uploaded features
from pgmap (feature to postgis)
The problem is that, in both cases, the editing doesn't save the edits
to the pgtable.
Do you know that problem?
is a known bug (please consider that I have created the AOI from map
and that the project and map SRID are the same)
Many thanks
Ivan
This is a bug in PgMap 2.2 for ArcMap 10 due to the editing mode change in ArcGIS 10.

A walk around solution is:

In ArcGIS 10, when you start editing, a small window "Create Features" will show up at the right side of the Map Window.
Please select the layer that you want to edit in this window. Then edit your feature (create, delete, modify feature, and attributes). Then save, this time everything will be saved to PostGIS. (if you did not selete a layer in the "Create Features" window, edit will not be saved to PostGIS, and only the layer that seleted will be updated to the PostGIS).

We will fix this to align with ArcGIS 10 Editing Mode in the coming release.

Kenneh Xu
GIS Consultant
www.st-links.com
kenneth.xu at hotmail.com