[postgis-users] A problem with make check and CUnit

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 04:15:22 PDT 2011

Hi,
Hi have compiled postgis from SVN on a Unix (RedHat ES6 64 bit).

Now I have some problem in the "make check" phase with the CUnit library.

When I do the Configure phase the CUnit was correctly find and setting.
And also in the make phase no problem was reported.

But when
try the "make check"
it report don't find the CUnit library: as reported here:

------ from log ----
[postgres at artu postgis-svn]$ make check > ris_check.log
cu_surface.c:244: warning: âcheck_tgeomâ defined but not used
./cu_tester: error while loading shared libraries: libcunit.so.1: cannot
make[2]: *** [check] Error 127
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 1
[postgres at artu postgis-svn]$ more ris_check.log
for s in liblwgeom libpgcommon regress postgis loader utils raster topology;
do
\
                echo "---- Making all in ${s}"; \
                make -C ${s} all || exit 1; \
        done;
---- Making all in liblwgeom

--- end log ----

I see the
libcunit.so.1
was present in the path
/usr/local/lib
and that path is declared in the /etc/ld.conf.d/..

I guess the "make check" ignore the ld.conf.d settings ?

So, how is possible to say to the "make check" where find the "libcunit ?

thx,

--
Andrea Peri