[postgis-users] pgsql2shp

toni hernández toni at sigte.udg.edu
Thu Dec 1 00:32:49 PST 2011

Hi,

I have some issues with pgsql2shp.

I am using postgis 1.5.3 over postgresql 9.0 on windows.
The database I am working with is utf8.

I have several spatial tables and I want some of them to be exported to
a shape file.
pgsql2shp seems to be working fine but when I load the generated shape
files, then  they appear to be empty. No error thrown (on OpenJump).

I have been testing it for a while and I came to realize that pgsql2shp
does not like tables that only have one field (the spatial one). I can
not export a table (any) with only one column but if I add a column to
that very table (type character varying) then the exportation works fine
and I can load the shp file perfectly

At first I thought it was something about the encoding but now I am lost.

Any ideas how to solve this?
thanks