[postgis-users] Problem with Raster (2nd attempt)

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 29 11:51:13 PST 2011

> This writes the table (blockedtif) into the public schema of Testing and
> there is a rast column (although it appears empty, but the table size says
> otherwise – so I am assuming is normal?).

Unlikely that is empty.  Binary data typically looks odd through pgadmin.

> When I issue the command:
>

> C:\tmp> gdalinfo “PG:host=localhost port 5432 dbname=Testing user=postgres
> password=******* schema=public table=blockedtif”
>

> I keep getting the error ERROR 1: Sorry, but table blockedtif doesn’t seem
> to have regular blocking arrangement…..

What version of GDAL are you using?  You'll want to be using what will
be 1.9 (currently beta 2).  But there is an additional question about
whether or not GDAL's PostGIS Raster driver has been updated to the
PostGIS Raster's current (and probably final) format for the
raster_columns view.

You may be better off considering the use of ST_AsPNG, ST_AsJPEG and
ST_AsTIFF.  You should be able to glean the important bits needed from
the following links

A ASP.NET based viewer
http://www.bostongis.com/blog/index.php?/archives/174-Minimalist-Web-based-ASP.NET-PostGIS-2.0-Spatial-GeometryRaster-Viewer.html

A PHP based viewer