[postgis-users] ERROR: Operation on two GEOMETRIES with different SRIDs (again)

Farrukh Najmi farrukh at wellfleetsoftware.com
Mon Feb 14 05:58:39 PST 2011

I have a table GeometryValueType with column of type geometry and name
geometry.
 From advice received on a previous thread on this list I have made sure
that all data in geometry column has the same SRID.
Currently them SRID is 4326 (EPSG:4326). I would now like to transform
all values ion the column to use (EPSG:4979) in order to support 3D data.

So I loaded the EPSG:4979 definition into spatial_ref_system using:

http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4979 (Page for 4979 CRS)
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4979/postgis/ (INSERT statement for
postgis)

I then tried the following statement to transform all data in the
geometry column to EPSG:4979 as follows:

   UPDATE GeometryValueType SET geometry = ST_SETSRID(geometry, 4979)

But this gave me the familiar:

ERROR:  Operation on two GEOMETRIES with different SRIDs

I have made sure that all data in the geometry column has srid of 4326
using:

   SELECT DISTINCT ST_SRID(geometry) FROM GeometryValueType;

So why am I getting the "ERROR:  Operation on two GEOMETRIES with
different SRIDs"?

Thanks for your help.

--
Regards,