[postgis-users] Multi version Postgres/PostGIS installation on Ubuntu 10.04

Matthias Ludwig kaotika at gmx.de
Sun Feb 20 13:40:07 PST 2011

I tried to setup the following configuration on a Ubuntu 10.04 server:
- PostgreSQL 9 Server from PPA (ppa:pitti/postgresql)
- first cluster with postgis 1.5 from PPA (ppa:ubuntugis/ppa)
- second cluster with postgis 2.0 from source

I configured postgis 2.0 with --with-raster --prefix=/usr/local/. All went right. Make doesnt created any problems too. Only the make install didn't what I expected it to do...it copied the files into /usr/lib/postgresql/9.0/ instead of /usr/local/. Where is the error? Did i missunderstand the prefix flag or doesn't work this with an server installation from a PPA?