[postgis-users] splitting geometries

Arnold Helmut Engelmann ahe at dhi.us
Wed Feb 23 17:39:04 PST 2011

I did some more digging and found this:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiSplitPolygonWithLineString

It uses some of the older function names (geomunion instead of ST_Union, and boundary instead of ST_Boundary), but it works.

As for splitting polylines, I found this which got me going in the right direction:

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-September/017149.html

Thanks to Kevin (I suspect it's the same Kevin who answered both of these...)!

Regards,

Arnold