[postgis-users] WKTRaster problems on Mac

Ken Nussear knussear at mac.com
Thu Jan 20 09:40:56 PST 2011

Hi all.

I've been working with the gdal2wktraster.py script trying to load some rasters to see it things work, and I'm having some difficulty.
The example from the tutorial using the utml.tif tile seems to work fine, but every other raster I've tried gives strange results.
Some show as all one value, and others appear to have irregular patches of values in the block sizes imported.

I have tried tif, png, and img files some come in as pictured below, and some just come in with single values (e.g. 8 for all cells). Some have ridiculous numbers (e.g. 2.8026e-45)
Some examples attached.

I'm using a mac with postgis from William Kyngesburye @ kyngchaos.com

postgresql version 9.0.2-1
postgis version 1.5.2-2
WKTRaster 0.1.6d r5997 for Postgres 9.0

commands used:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/gdal2wktraster.py -r  D2BDRK_SLP_SAAT.img -t d2bdrk -k 32x32 -o d2bdrk.sql -s 26911 -I -M

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d brdgisR -f d2bdrk.sql -U postgres -w

I wonder if you have any advice on what might be going wrong?

Thanks

Ken