[postgis-users] How to remotely edit a postgis db over a webclient?

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 02:19:11 PST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to offer partners from my organization the ability to edit my data.

1 possibilty is that I could just instruct them to download the desktop
applications so that this would be possible, but then they would need training
etc to be able to use it. Some do not even have the permissions to install in
there organization.

I was actually looking for an opensource web client that could offer editing of
postgis through a browser. I have been developing with Openlayer/Geoext but find
that for editing purposes it is very complicated and time consuming. I was
wondering if there were any out of the box solutions available.

GeoMajas looks interesting. I have never worked with maven though. I was hoping
for something lighter.

yours,

Robert