[postgis-users] PG Routing

James David Smith james.david.smith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 05:37:37 PDT 2011

Dear Maria,

Thank you for your reply. I already have  PostgreSQL + PostGIS database
running which contains all of my information. The data is not a live system,
it is data from March 2010. I am doing some research on the data. I have
discovere that as I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 I cannot use pgRouting
unfortunately. So I now have two questions please?

1) If I uninstall PostgreSQL 9.0, and then install PostgreSQL 8.3 (so I can
use pgRouting), will my databases still be intact? Or will I lose all of my
tables and data?

2) Maybe an easier solution would be for me to create an OS GEO bootable USB
drive, and then do the work in Ubuntu? If I did this, will my existing
PostgreSQL databases be accesible through the Ubuntu version of PostgreSQL?
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/usb_quickstart.html

Thank you for your help

James