[postgis-users] Newbie Geocoding Error

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 06:58:48 PDT 2011

Regina,

Thanks for your help.  I updated postgis install to the later SVN as linked on the site and had a couple of observations,

1. the upgrade_geocoder script ran with most of the sql returning 'already exists' errors.  Do I need to modify the script to drop before recreating?
2. My original error went away.

So, now onto another address that does not geocode.  The results don't even include the street in the query.
477 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, CA 94115

SELECT * from normalize_address returns
address    predirabbrev    streetname    streettypeabbrev    postdirabbrev    internal    location    stateabbrev    zip    parsed

I don't have enough knowledge of postGIS right now to know if it's a bug or operator error.

Thanks again.

Michael

Message: 10