[postgis-users] Newbie ST_World2RasterCoordX, ST_World2RasterCoordY Band Values nested loop to iterate over raster

Chris English emailchrisenglish at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 09:05:19 PDT 2011

More progress still:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION extract_xcoord_ycoord_text_1(rast raster)
  RETURNS text AS
$BODY$
Declare
 i int;
 j int;
xcoord text;
ycoord text;
text text= '''' ;

Begin
for i in 1..10 loop
for j in 1..10 loop
select ST_world2rastercoordx(rast, i, j) as xcoord INTO text;
select St_world2rastercoordy(rast, i, j) as ycoord INTO text;
 End loop;
End loop;
return text;
end;
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE

extract_xcoord_ycoord_test_1
1  "3377172"

which turns out to be the same as:

Select ST_world2rastercoordy(rast,1,6)
from rbike_all;

*st_world2rastercoordy*
3377172 (as Int)

and just one result so perhaps, as raster is stored as single row I need to
set Return as Table or something.

Chris

--
He doesn't fully understand what he thinks he knows about the problem.