[postgis-users] Where does Postgres end and PostGIS begin?

Ragi Burhum rburhum at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:59:15 PDT 2011

Brent and Sean are correct. Nevertheless, it is worth noting that if you are
trying to do k nearest neighbor queries, PostgreSQL 9.1 has  much better (as
in orders of magnitude) indexing support for this particular scenario. See
http://www.depesz.com/index.php/2010/12/11/waiting-for-9-1-knngist/

Of course, AFAIK, PostGIS will eventually support the knngist indexing
scheme in the future.

- Ragi