[postgis-users] Where does Postgres end and PostGIS begin?

Aren Cambre aren at arencambre.com
Wed Jul 27 08:28:54 PDT 2011

I looked into this more, and I'm guessing the answer is "yes".

Looks like PostGIS 1.5.3 can be used with Postgres 9.1 beta.

I assume that the index used by Postgres has no bearing on how PostGIS
performs. Is this true? However, it may not be true because Postgres will
need additional support from PostGIS to handle GIST indexes on geometry
objects?

Aren