[postgis-users] Mapserver connection to Postgis Raster

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Thu Jun 2 00:45:30 PDT 2011

Hi,

The mode=2 parameter is only valid with the last version of GDAL
(1.8.0). So, as Regina said, you need that version to make it work
properly. More accurately:

- With a GDAL version down to 1.7.1, you can't make it work in any
way. No driver.

- With a GDAL version between 1.7.1 and 1.7.3, both included, you can
use the old version of the driver, thought to work with the old
wktraster extension, now abandoned. And it was buggy. Not recommended.
 Neither GDAL 1.7.x nor wktraster.

- With GDAL version up to 1.8.0, you can use the last version of GDAL
PostGIS Raster driver, and you'll need PostGIS 2.0, that includes
PostGIS Raster extension. Additionally, as Regina said, those days
we're working on the driver, and all the improvements will be included
in GDAL 1.8.x

So, summarizing: You need PostGIS 2.0 plus GDAL 1.8.0 to make it work.

Further information on the driver:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/frmts_wtkraster.html

Best regards,
Jorge