[postgis-users] How do you use PostGIS Raster?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jun 6 14:23:25 PDT 2011

Pierre,

I'd like to see it too.  My plans for raster are much further down on the
horizon unfortunately mostly because I've got too much on my plate and I'm
not sure how attenable they are.  But here it goes:

A) You've probably figured out by now is that one of my pet dreams is to be
able to extrude building footprints right in PostGIS from aerial images.
For example now it usually takes about 2-3 years from the production of
satellite imagery before we get building footprints out of it.  So all new
project construction doesn't show up.

I'm not sure how involved the process is, I imagine very involved and
expensive giving how long it seems to take.

B) My more realistic project -- which this really is still a year or 2 down
-- is for plant alarm equipment -- being able to with thermal cameras
mounted in the buildings and plants be able to determine the health of the
equipment at any point in time by analyzing the thermal camera output that
is georeferenced to the locations of the equipment.

Hope that helps,
Regina