[postgis-users] Extract boundary from multipoint

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Tue Jun 7 03:48:23 PDT 2011

Hallo

What is not working?

ST_ConvexHull only calculates in 2D but since it passes the z-values to
the result it should work if your plane is coplanar and not vertical.

If it is a vertical plane only one point per 2d point will be
considered.

But as long as each point has its own representaion in 2D xy plane it
should work as I understand it.

/Nicklas