[postgis-users] Viewer plugins of PostGIS --HELP

ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΟΣ ΛΕΛΕΝΤΖΗΣ lelentzisapostolos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 01:19:53 PDT 2011

Hi list

For another time, i ask your help and your valuable experience!!
My problem is related with ad-hoc solutions for viewing spatial data of a
postgis database.
I was searching a lot in the internet, and i found the following links which
indicate the installation and the usability of a postgis-viewer plugin.

[1]
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/180-pgAdmin113plugins_postgis.html
[2]
http://geotux.tuxfamily.org/index.php?option=com_myblog&task=view&id=277&Itemid=59&lang=en

Regarding with the first plugin[1], i have execute all the necessary guides
for the installation, but it doesn't work.
Specifically, i select a geometric table or i type a spatial SQL query, but
when i switch the postgis viewer then the new window don't visualize the
relevant table or the spatial outputs.
So, could anyone help me?? Maybe, someone else has used this tool??

Concerning with the second plugin [2], i have installed it, very easy and
quickly, but it doesn't work because it requires the installation of OSGeo4W
environment.
The postgis_viewer.bat file contains some variables which correspond to
OSGeo4W paths. Because, i have installed seperate all these programs which
are contained at OSGeo4W,  i must change these paths for the good operation
of plugin. So, could anyone to show me how to configure the
postgis_viewer.bat file???

Any suggestion is accepted!
Thanks in advance

Apostolis