[postgis-users] PostGIS query layer in ArcMap - Double values look like integers

Sheara Cohen Sheara at calthorpe.com
Tue Jun 28 12:17:12 PDT 2011

Does anyone know why the values in a double field would appear like integers when a PostGIS file is viewed as a query layer in ArcMap?

In other words, I've added a PostGIS table as a query layer to ArcMap, and when I open the attribute table, several fields only have integer values (no decimal places) even though you can check the properties of those fields and verify that they are indeed double. When the same table is viewed in PGAdmin the values display with all their appropriate decimal places.

What gives?

Thank you.

Sheara