[postgis-users] Create Voronoi Diagrams

Greg Williamson gwilliamson39 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 03:50:51 PST 2011

%3% is looking for anything for a "3" in it -- similar to *3* so this would find
every row for BOSTON with grades like .3, .03, 3.0, 1.3, 32, etc. that also have
a type of "pub" ...

As to why the "WHERE" clause?

Perhaps this example is not trying to create a Voroni diagram for their entire
database, but only for a relatively small number of rows.

Trying to create a Voroni diagram for a large data set will be slow and might
exceed memory or other system resources, so unless your database is small, I'd
try a subset of data, either limited by type or place name, or by a bounding
box.

That said, I haven't used the referred function so I may be misleading with the
best of intentions. :-}

HTH,

Greg Williamson