[postgis-users] Geocoding cross streets?

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Mon Nov 28 21:20:49 PST 2011

Steve,

* Stephen Woodbridge (woodbri at swoodbridge.com) wrote:
> This is probably a fairly clean and only little more complex than
> hello world, but not majorly so, if you want to try your hand at it.

Pretty sure that I could manage it- but I'm curious..  Do you use an
external sources or bits of information to do this parsing?  Part of the
tiger geocoder routines, today anyway, include a 'normalize' function
which actually uses data in the database to do that normalization
(looking up locations and whatnot).  Does your code do any of that?
Perhaps we don't need to do what we're doing in the geocoder today...
I'm certainly interested in alternative ways of parsing addresses that
are faster/better/more accurate than what we've got.

	Thanks!

		Stephen