[postgis-users] ST_Insersection problem

G. van Es gves2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 05:20:15 PDT 2011

Danke Birgit,

Good point about the validity of the geometry!  However in my case just by experiment I have deleted all records where st_isvalid(ST_GeomFromEWKT(st_asewkt(the_geom)))='f'
From the 11mio records a little over 800 where invalid and deleted.

Still my original query crashes on:NOTICE:  TopologyException: side location conflict at 129105 515684     ERROR:  GEOS Intersection() threw an error!

All intersection parameters are like ST_SnapToGrid(the_geom, 0.000001) so that doesn't resolve the issue either. Although it makes some difference on which object the process crashes.

Any ideas are still very welcome.

Thanks,
Ge