[postgis-users] Error when building from source on mac os x 10.6

Nicolas Ribot nicolas.ribot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:46:11 PDT 2011

> The machine architecture is not the same as what you archs you compile for, though GCC does default to x86_64.
>
> Anyways...
>
> Did you try setting only "-arch x86_64", without i386?

Hi,
Also trying to compile Postgis 2.0 on Mac, I set variable you
mentioned like this:

export CFLAGS="-Os -arch x86_64"
export PG_CPPFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
export SHLIB_LINK="-arch x86_64"
export LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64"

and then:

But no luck, still the same error message.
If anybody has clue to share with me, it would be nice

> P.S. Are you compiling everything yourself for any paricular reason?  Have you tried my PostGIS package?

I would like to test the 2.0 version.

Thanks

Nicolas