[postgis-users] configure: error: GDAL Python bindings required by raster2pgsql.py loader

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Oct 17 19:22:37 PDT 2011

Try looking in config.log for a more detailed explanation why it couldn't find GDAL python.

On Oct 17, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Puneet Kishor wrote:

> Any suggestions, anyone? As shown below, I believe I have the Python bindings for GDAL installed, yet, I get the following error
>
> RASTER: Raster support requested
> checking for GDAL >= 1.6.0... found
> checking for GDALFPolygonize in -lgdal... no
> checking for GDAL Python bindings... not found
> configure: error: GDAL Python bindings required by raster2pgsql.py loader
>
> I am not quite sure how to convince the .configure script that I do have gdal w/Python.
>

> On Oct 16, 2011, at 2:31 PM, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:
>
>> From: "Mr. Puneet Kishor" <punkish at eidesis.org>
>> Subject: configure: error: GDAL Python bindings required by raster2pgsql.py loader
>> Date: October 16, 2011 2:29:19 PM CDT
>> To: PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
>>

>> I believe I did install the GDAL Python bindings (via MacPorts), but my PostGIS 2.0 configure script claims I don't have it. Is there are way I can determine whether or not I have the bindings installed? (I am not Python-savvy) But, I do see stuff like so

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy