[postgis-users] PostGIS installation in Windows 32-bit

Arto Vuorela arto.k.vuorela at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:26:53 PDT 2011

Regina and Leo wrote:
>You can't use postgresql 9.1.1-windows with
postgis-pg90-binaries-1.5.3.zip. Those are incompatible.
Oh, I understood from discussion at
http://www.mail-archive.com/postgis-users@postgis.refractions.net/msg14249.html
that
Pg 9.1 (beta at least) works with 1.5.3. Also
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgreSQLPostGIS says
PostGIS1.5(.3) currently works on 9.1,
but this may change. But good to know.

>We have builds for upcoming PostGIS 2.0 for PostgreSQL 9.1 windows which
will work together. In the experimental section:
http://www.postgis.org/download/windows/experimental.php#PostGIS_2_0_0 ...
If you can wait till this weekend or Monday, we should have new batches of
binaries ready for 1.5.3 (Pg 9.1) and PostGIS 2.0 (Pg 9.1).

Very nice. We might take the latest PostGIS 2.0 instead of 1.5.3, if it is
clear how to install the binaries, and un-stableness or future upgrading to
official 2.0 will not be a problem (no experience dealing with unstable
versions).
Still unclear, anyone?: how to install PostgreSQL JDBC driver?

Arto