[postgis-users] How to design a database for continents, countries, regions, cities and POIs?

Francois Hugues hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Mon Apr 9 05:22:07 PDT 2012

I think it could be better to have a table for each kind of object because they will have different attributes (for an example, in a matter of scale, a POI belong to a city, a city belong to a province which is part of a sub_region which is included into a state and the continent is composed of several states).

Hugues