[postgis-users] A question on ST_RemEdgeModFace usability

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:43:47 PDT 2012

Hi, strk,
thx for explaination.

>> Is this allowed ?
>
>I'm redrawing the schema for simplification.
>
>You ask:
>assuming there's a TopoGeometry T1 defined by F1,
>is the following editing allowed ?
>
> +----+----+      +---------+
> |    |    |      |         |
> | F1 e F2 |  =>  |    F1   |
> |    |    |      |         |
> +----+----+      +---------+
>
>No, because doing so would change the shape of T1.
>
>--strk;

So, I guess, if I have a topology constraint by a topogeometry layer.
This is a really big question, because I understand that if I put a
topogeometry over a topology I lock (practically) the topology.
Infact I have quite few choice to editing it if I have put a TopoGeometry
on it.

Perhaps
I could try this option ?
Always with a TopoGeometry applied over it.

Topogeometry T1 on Face F1.

First change edge from this
(moving the external edge of F2 and moving also the edge "e")

I guess the ST_ChangeEdge should allow me move the edge "e".

 +----+----+      +---------+-----+
 |    |    |      |         |     |
 | F1 e F2 |  =>  |    F1   e  F2 |
 |    |    |      |         |     |
 +----+----+      +---------+-----+

and after this remove the external edge of F2

 => |    F1   e

Is this allowed ?

Andrea

--