[postgis-users] Geom/Rast Intersection St9bad_alloc

JamesH james.holmes at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 05:04:50 PDT 2012

I am attempting to intersect a vector dataset of building polygons with a
3-Band Thermal tiff to produce a dataset that shows the thermal readings for
each polygon.

"What were you trying to achieve ? Did you read the reference manual ?"

I hoped from the example in the reference
"-- Return bands 2 and 3. Use array to define bands
SELECT ST_NumBands(ST_Band(rast, ARRAY[2,3])) "
that I could use ST_Band(rast, ARRAY[1,2,3]) to perform the intersection on
all three bands simultaneously.

Is there an easier way of completing this?

Regards,
James

-----
GIS Undergraduate