[postgis-users] Problems after update to PostGis 2.0

Felix Obermaier obe at IVV-AACHEN.DE
Thu Apr 26 00:44:01 PDT 2012

Hello Strk,

Unfortunatly the geometry part of the database was not recoverable.
All types of backup failed because geometry columns could not be included.

I'm glad that it was not a productive database :)

Here is what I did:
- I had a database with postgis 1.5.2 installed, tried to run postgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql which failed.
- Updated that database to postgis 1.5.3, which succeeded.
- Re ran postgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql, which this time succeeded.

IMHO the Installation/Upgrade documentation does not explicitly state that you have to do a backup/restore to update from postgis 1.5 or prior.

Thanks for an excellent spatial database anyway :).

Felix Obermaier

Ingenieurgruppe IVV GmbH & Co. KG
Dipl.-Ing. Felix Obermaier
Oppenhoffallee 171
52066 Aachen

Telefon: +49 (241) 94691-36
Telefax: +49 (241) 531622
eMail: obe at ivv-aachen.de
Internet: http://www.ivv-aachen.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Aachen
Amtsgericht Aachen HRA 6212
GF: Bauassessor Dr.-Ing. Dieter Hölsken  IVV-Management GmbH  Amtsgericht Aachen HRB 12453