[postgis-users] POSTGIS query output...

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:49:22 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Arulraj Murugavel (மு. அருள்ராஜ் )
<arulraj.mu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I could really do complex query in POSTGIS. But when the output is complex
> polygon and more in number , what will be best way to show to the user...
> KML, JSON are heavy. Can i publish query output as the WMS output when the
> user performing the complex query on PostGIS.
>
> I have seen Geoserver SQL view, but it is like a predefined query, i want to
> have the complex query.

Hi
not sure about your question, but both MapServer and GeoServer have
the feature for creating WMS from SQL query.
Can you please post a sample query from which you want to generate the
WMS service?

regards

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer