[postgis-users] Tolerance on ST_Union?

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Mon Dec 17 17:39:41 PST 2012

Dear Sandro,

It's nice to see that it is actually planed! As for contributions, I would
have gladly add ST_Union in the wiki, e.g. with my reproducible example,
but I don't even know if it is a PostGIS or GEOS approach... It's hard to
help when you don't know the mechanics of the engine!

Mathieu.

Le 17/12/2012 09:51, Sandro Santilli a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:39:05PM -0500, Mathieu Basille wrote:
>
>> there shouldn't be a parameter of tolerance in ST_Union to make this
>> more transparent and flexible to the user?
>
> Indeed. There should !
> But there's none as of today.
> See the wiki for some ideas/plans and feel free to contribute
> to the discussion
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/ToleranceDiscussion
>
> --strk;

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard