[postgis-users] Problem building postgis-2.0.0alpha3

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Wed Feb 1 11:40:41 PST 2012

I am stuck trying to build alpha3... I am trying to build from the SVN repo
(yes, I did an update this morning) and also just tried the tarball alpha3
I wanted to try it out before our local open source GIS meeting tonight so
I could give an update.

I am getting this in the loader directory

/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2  -fPIC -DPIC  -Wall
-Wmissing-prototypes    shpopen.o dbfopen.o getopt.o shp2pgsql-core.o
shpcommon.o shp2pgsql-cli.o safileio.o ../liblwgeom/liblwgeom.la -o
shp2pgsql  -lc
libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -fPIC -DPIC -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes shpopen.o
dbfopen.o getopt.o shp2pgsql-core.o shpcommon.o shp2pgsql-cli.o safileio.o
-o .libs/shp2pgsql  ../liblwgeom/.libs/liblwgeom.so -lc
../liblwgeom/.libs/liblwgeom.so: undefined reference to
`GEOSGeom_extractUniquePoints'
../liblwgeom/.libs/liblwgeom.so: undefined reference to
`GEOSGeom_createEmptyPolygon'
../liblwgeom/.libs/liblwgeom.so: undefined reference to `GEOSSharedPaths'
../liblwgeom/.libs/liblwgeom.so: undefined reference to `GEOSSnap'
../liblwgeom/.libs/liblwgeom.so: undefined reference to `GEOSOffsetCurve'
../liblwgeom/.libs/liblwgeom.so: undefined reference to `GEOSUnaryUnion'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [shp2pgsql] Error 1

I have install geos both from current tarball and svn, same results

I have done builds on this server of svn from 2.0 svn repository before
(successfully)

It looks related to geos. I used this for my configure line

./configure  --with-pgconfig=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
--with-geosconfig=/usr/local/bin/geos-config  --with-jsondir=/usr
--with-topology --with-raster

and /usr/local/bin/geos-config --version says "3.3.2"

Thanks for any suggestions

--
Brian Wilson
Corvallis Oregon

"My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never
happened."
-Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)