[postgis-users] Stumped

Mark Vantzelfde netmasters.ma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:55:13 PST 2012

I am creating a test instance on a new server using PostGIS1.4 for
compatibility with other running instances. I created the empty database
using createdb. Am now going through the process of installing postgis.
Running the command

psql -d mydb -f postgis/postgis.sql

fails.

Captured script output reads:
psql:postgis/postgis.sql:53: NOTICE:  return type spheroid is only a shell
psql:postgis/postgis.sql:53: ERROR:  could not access file
"$libdir/postgis-1.4": No such file or directory
psql:postgis/postgis.sql:59: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
ROLLBACK

pg_config --pkglibdir
shows:
/usr/lib64/pgsql

I have seen some discussion in the archive but I'm not sure what to do to
resolve.

Can someone point me to the appropriate doc source or offer a suggestion
how to resolve?

Thanks