[postgis-users] topology example

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Feb 24 00:10:30 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 07:34:54AM +0100, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> Thanks again.
>
> I have a fresh installed for 2 days now.
> Postgis 2.0 a6 (it is a 7 now)
> Geos 3.3.2
> Is this ok?

Should be, yes.

> I did not do anything with topology_upgrade.sql, there is nothing
> written in the installation doc.

That's a bug in the documentation, could you file it on
http://trac.osgeo.org please ?

> What should I do with it?

The same you do with postgis_upgrade.sql everytime you do upgrade
from one version to another... load it.

> Would you perform a loop to update the topogeom field, so one entry at once?

A loop would indeed be preferrable. I saw a noticable speedup
when looping from outside the database.

> Thanks a lot for your valuable help!

Thank you for your feedback, keep me posted ! :)

--strk;