[postgis-users] topology example

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Feb 24 07:06:07 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 03:20:11PM +0100, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
> Ok, I added ORDER BY
> https://github.com/3nids/qWat/blob/3c0c6728b940dd4ab2921dee104cd054a711d60f/sql/topology.sql
>
> You effectively read correctly that the loop is ended as soon as an
> exception is raised, since I still didn't manage to do it properly.

That's actually good. If the goal is finding the bug :)
The smaller topology you have at time of exception, the better.

> Also, I noticed something strange. Nothing is filled into the
> topogeom column. When ordered, first error is raised at id 102, but
> the first 100 lines have empty topogeom. In the function, if an
> error is raised nothing is committed?

The version I saw didn't look like in need to rollback, no.
But I could have misread it.

> I wrote a small SQL with two geometries where I have the error.
> https://github.com/3nids/qWat/blob/38cde48d509d9b9a179eea1fd4db5bbd67121dcf/sql/strk.demo.sql
> I putted a some " !!! " in front of drop schema to prevent any harm
> to some of your schemas....just in case!

That's great ! Could you put in another ticket please ?
I was actually out of topology tickets for 2.0 ;)

Not sure when I'll have time to look at it but it's really an excellent
work you've done so far. If you feel like doing more you may try
adding the following line by the start of topology/topology.sql.in.c,
running 'make' again and loading the topology/topology_upgrade.sql:

 #define POSTGIS_TOPOLOGY_DEBUG 1

By the way, did "make check" completed cleanly for you ?

--strk;