[postgis-users] topology example

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 24 09:59:48 PST 2012

On 2/24/2012 10:44 AM, Denis Rouzaud wrote:

>     The version I saw didn't look like in need to rollback, no.
>     But I could have misread it.
>

> Agree, so I do not understand why there nothing filled.

If your are running a stored procedure and you error out of it, the
whole stored procedure is always run as a transaction, an on error it
does an implicit rollback.

If you want to verify that the stored procedure is run in an
transaction, just try and do a vacuum in the stored procedure -- you
can't. Or write a stored procedure that creates a table inserts a couple
of rows, then does a RAISE EXCEPTION. You should see that the table does
not exist after this.

-Steve