[postgis-users] Raster Processing and ST_Transform

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Wed Feb 29 14:44:53 PST 2012

I'm trying to do some raster processing experimentation...

- loaded CDED files (check) using a 256x256 tile size
- reproject my data into UTM10 (check but...)

First problem, after reprojection, all the chunks have different
alignements ("The two rasters provided do not have the same
alignment") which is unfortunate. It would be nice to be able to
ensure that when reprojecting all the objects get resampled into a
same alignment (am I right that an "alignment" is a combination of a
origin, pixel size and skewness?) so that they can be processed
together in succeeding steps.

I was hoping in my next steps to calculate slope and go from there,
but I'm stopped at the transform step. Thoughts? While a general
utility to re-sample any collection of rasters into the same basis
would be good, multiple re-samplings are not great, so inherently
re-sampling operations like st_transform should probably have a way to
force the output alignment.

P.