[postgis-users] The correct way to restore is?

DrYSG ygutfreund at draper.com
Tue Jan 3 08:53:18 PST 2012

I am running PostGreSQL 9.1 and PostGIS 1.5.4. I backed up a PostGIS database
with PgAdmin III.

When I restore it I get a lot of error messages about redefinition of
functions. (it backed up all the PostGIS functions and now is restoring them
even though they are already defined, since I templated the new database
from the PostGIS database.

I would like to cut out these 1,000 or so error messages so I can see what
is actually not working, if anythng.

I looked and did not see any obvious options in the pgAdmin III restore
dialog. Has anyone done this?