[postgis-users] The correct way to restore is?

MarkW mark.wimer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 11:02:17 PST 2012

The way I do it (learned from others on this list) is to backup the
schema(s) with my data in them; I store my data outside the public
schema to accommodate this. Works great, especially at upgrade time
(not overwriting newer functions).  I used PgAdmin to backup a few
items from public schema, e.g. added srids, and geometry_columns table
from public schema, then saved the resulting script to add that to my
backup.

Mark