[postgis-users] RE [Polluriel potentiel] Re: Postgis installation on sles 11 sp1

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Fri Jan 6 11:31:04 PST 2012

I was looking for tablefunc.sql as specified here
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/14-CrossTab-Queries-in-PostgreSQL-using-tablefunc-contrib.html

tablefunc.sql doesn't exist But tablefunc.so does and is available from
the package so I can create the sql that creates crosstab function.
Having tablefunc.sql would be nice though
thanks
steve

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca@postgis.refractions.net
Envoyé par : postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
2012-01-06 13:37
Veuillez répondre à
PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>

PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
cc
postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net,
postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
Objet
[Polluriel potentiel]  Re: [postgis-users] Postgis installation on sles 11
sp1

Hi Otto,
With postgres 8.3 I was using some functions available from the tablefunc
module
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/tablefunc.html

My understanding is that this module should be available in the
postgresql-contrib package, and it is not.

Is it possible to rebuild the package or I should build this module from
the source?
thanks
steve

Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>@postgis.refractions.net
Envoyé par : postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
2012-01-05 11:08

postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
cc

Objet
Re: [postgis-users] Postgis installation on sles 11 sp1

Hi Steve,

I added further necessary packages to Application:Geo:Postgres9PostGIS1:
libgeos, postgresql-libs and proj. This should fix all dependency
problems. Please test again and note that the repo provides packages for
SLE_11 and for SLE_11_SP1.

Regards
Otto

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo:/Postgres9PostGIS1/

> It is probably part of SLE_11. I guess, you don't need to install that
> package. All libs are included in the postgresql-server package, I
guess.

> Regards
> Otto
>
> Am Wed, 4 Jan 2012 20:15:07 +0100
> schrieb Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to look at it tomorrow. There is also a problem with postgis
> > packaging I have to fix. I write again, when it is working.
> >
> > Regards
> >  Otto
> >
> > Am Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:01:44 -0500
> > schrieb Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca:
> >
> > > Thanks Otto,
> > > I saw that these packages are now available in sles11_sp1.
quick...!!

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database:/postgresql/SLE_11_SP1

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo:/Postgres9PostGIS1/SLE_11

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/SLE_11)

> > > »

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld:

> > > recompile

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Davenstedter Str. 60  ,  D - 30453 Hannover , Germany
Phone:  +49-(0)511-2615322 ,  Fax: +49-(0)511-2615323

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee