[postgis-users] Using raster2pgsql on a system with no postgresqlinstall

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jan 7 17:25:07 PST 2012

Darrel,

This should work fine.  I haven't tried it, but can't see why it would be
any different from shp2pgsql.  It should be pretty much the same story as
shp2pgsql except you'll need to copy the libgdal-1.dll as well to the
folder.

I'm not sure if you have tried it before --- but here is a list of files as
I recall you need for all the postgis executables to work.  I'll update for
1.5.

Way at the bottom of this tutorial we have listed the files you need to copy
to the folder:

http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=postgis_tut01

So add to that list libgdal-1.dll, raster2pgsql.exe

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us

  _____