[postgis-users] Sampling a line shapefile based on own criteria

Gery gamejihou at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:49:54 PST 2012

Hi Fred,

Thank you very much for your answer, I'll try your code dude. One thing I
forgot, how about if I want just to sample the line shapefile based on a
number of positions, ie. the line is 1 km and I want 1000 positions or
points, should I modify the code like this?

SELECT ST_Astext(ST_Line_Interpolate_point (the_geom,ser::1000)) as points
FROM (SELECT  ST_GeometryFromText('LINESTRING(0 0,1000 0)') as the_geom) as
foo1,
generate_series(1,1000,1) as ser

Thanks again,

Gery