[postgis-users] new functions

Peter Korduan peter.korduan at uni-rostock.de
Mon Jan 9 14:45:58 PST 2012

Am 09.01.2012 21:12, schrieb Mike Toews:
> Also another comment for your transrotate function: you can use 1 call
> to ST_Affine, rather than 3 indirect calls with
> "st_rotate(st_translate(st_rotate(". You just need to wrangle the
> trigonometry in the affine transformation matrix correctly.
>
> I have an enhancement for a st_rotate with a point of origin in trac,
> where you can see how to use ST_Affine for this purpose:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1251
>
> -Mike
Yes Mike, my transrotate function is a special case of an affine
transformation. I have to consider the quadrants for the trigonometry
calculation when i use st_affine. I will check it out. Thanks.
Even if the form one after another shows exactly what happens, other
than in the affine transformation.

To the second comment with the point of origin:
Nice to have it, but i think in my case its not necessary if rotating in
one direction and than in the opposite with the same origin.

But nevertheless, many thanks for the comments, nice conversation.

Peter