[postgis-users] Re : IFC2PG 3D : Industry Foundation Classes to PostGIS 3rd Part

Vince Lotito vince at vvl.com
Sun Jan 15 12:02:51 PST 2012

Chris,

Sorry, I didn't realize PostGIS-users list, I follow the devel as well.  My bad.

Vince

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 15, 2012, at 12:19 PM, "Chris English" <sglish at hotmail.com<mailto:sglish at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Vince,

As I said below, I just happen to have VS Express 2010 on my box.  It doesn't offer JIT debugging
and this distinguishes it from the paid for developer platforms otherwise offered by MS.  I have it and mingw32
as from time to time I need to build something, but wouldn't consider myself a developer otherwise.

My Framework 4.0 is up to date.

This being said, I wasn't trying to run ifc2pg.exe under Express debugger, just nonchalantly
double clicking to run for the first time to follow along the tutorial, get an overview of Jerome's work,
and met with resistance.

That would make me a lowly tester that possesses a smattering of tools.
I intuit that removing the check environment for JIT debugger or providing
a case for situations like mine will allow non-developers to play along and explore the value
of IFC.  We won't be able to contribute much to debugging should other problems present
themselves, but at least we'll get in the door.  And three weeks or so is a short time to wait.

Thanks for your input.
Chris