[postgis-users] DXF to Postgis using ogr

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 16 10:27:14 PST 2012

Hi Guglielmo

I found the QGIS dxf2shp plugin works with Dassault's DraftSight version of
dxf.

One needs to run an unexploded version of dxf - once for polyline and again
for polygon.

For text and accompanying points an exploded version of the dxf file needs
to be selected.

I then use FWTools to import the shapefiles into Postgis.

QGIS is written in VC++ of which I am not acquainted.  Perhaps this will
help you.

It would be of help to have a standalone version that imports all of the dxf
information directly into Postgis with one click.

Bob