[postgis-users] Display of Postgis Raster with Pyramids

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jan 20 06:02:21 PST 2012

 Hi,

 I learned how to import raster pyramids/overview with raster2pgsql. Now
 I am wondering what I can do with those pyramids - e.g. for quick
 display of the data.

 Is the client responsible for selecting the correct overview table or
 are there any tools who automatically pick the right overview for the
 display of the data?

 I tried to load the raster with a VRT file (which works fine, but is
 slow when displaying all of the raster), but I don't know if I can
 specify overview tables in the raster that help to speed up the display
 (just I can do it with gdaladdo in a tiff-file).

 Thanks if you have any hints for better usage of the overview/pyramid
 tables.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A