[postgis-users] Running PostGIS 2.0 on 64 bit machine

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jan 24 06:47:31 PST 2012

Hey Joan,

You must be using an older build of PostGIS 2.0 as raster2pgsql.py is
no longer supported.  You will want to download and use the latest
Windows Experimental builds.

http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/experimental.php

Look for the links under the text...

"These are 32-bit binaries so will not work on 64-bit PostgreSQL. We
are working on getting 64-bit binaries out as well, but are running
into some stumbling blocks. For the time being -- if you are on
Windows 64-bit, you must install the 32-bit PostgreSQL to use these."

Also, there are no 64-bit builds of PostGIS available yet due to
compilation issues.

Hopefully that gets you back on track.

-bborie