[postgis-users] ST_Quantile

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jan 27 10:14:09 PST 2012

Hey Joan,

Assuming your whole coverage is in a table, you should use the
table/column version of ST_Quantile (which by the looks of it is
undocumented for some reason).

The function definition of ST_Quantile(rastertable, rastercolumn) is...

st_quantile(rastertable text, rastercolumn text, nband int DEFAULT 1,
exclude_nodata_value boolean DEFAULT TRUE, quantiles double precision[]
DEFAULT NULL)

At the moment an aggregate version of ST_Quantile (and the other basic
stats functions) does not exist.  It is expected that one will be
written for PostGIS 2.1 assuming dev-time is available.

-bborie