[postgis-users] PostGIS Topology Pledge: completed !

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Jan 30 04:27:46 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 01:01:12PM +0100, Jose Carlos Martinez wrote:

> It would be really nice if some people from QGIS, gvSIG, uDIG, etc.
> start thinking about building a plugin for it.

We've discussed it some for QGIS in Zurich, mostly storming and comparing
GRASS and PostGIS topology to see if they could share some handling code.

I came back home with a few topologies drafted on tissue paper and some
notes about the required interface for a QGIS Provider. But didn't
organize that information yet.

A pre-Zurich attempt at organizing ideas about qgis-pgis topo editing
is here: https://github.com/strk/qgis_pgis_topoedit/wiki

At the moment it only contains a table of ISO/SQLMM editing functions
and an indication of which datastores could be affected by each, but
will likely be the place in which I'll add outcomes of the Zurich meeting.

--strk;