[postgis-users] One-to-many join

John Morgan jdmorgan at unca.edu
Mon Jan 30 19:00:47 PST 2012

Hello,
I am attempting to get a one (polys) to many (table) to load postgis data
within a mapserver wms.  I have the following defined in the .map file.

DATA "the_geom FROM (SELECT polys.gid AS gid, polys.the_g
eom AS the_geom, table.pt_id AS pt_id, table.agent AS agent FROM polys
RIGHT OUTER JOIN
table ON polys.pt_id = table.pt_id) as new_table USING UNIQUE gid USING
SRID=4326"

It does load, the layer, however, it doesn't seem to be performing the
one-to-many for the attributes on identify.  Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers,
Derek